The new home of bytara.com! Musings about life, love, art, and friendship. My show schedule is updated here and I'll be sharing my new art and jewelry exclusively.
RSS

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hello! It's good to see you again!

Hello friends, it has been a while. Make a cup of tea, pull up a chair and let's chat. Where have I been? Oh that's a long, long story. I've been here, lurking, reading your posts, admiring your work and missing you. But I had some life stuff to deal with and now I am coming out on the other side. It seems appropriate that this transformation is coming about at springtime. I feel like I've been hibernating and I am starting to wake up, shake myself a bit and I am looking out of my den, hearing the birds singing and seeing the sun shine and thinking, "Wow. Look at that. Time to get up out of here and get some things done."

For the last year, I have insulated myself quite a bit from what has been going on in the magazines and I've stayed away from the craft stores, because I sort of felt... how did I feel... resentful that my creative juices weren't flowing? I passed Michael's (the craft store) like it was my ex-boyfriend's house and I was afraid to look and see who might be going in or out, who took my place. I averted my eyes when I drove past the bead store, pretending that part of me was gone for good.

And then one day, I saw a way to make a change, and I hopped on it. All I had to do was update my resume and send in some pictures of my work. Then I decided to let go and let it happen, or not. But it did. So, my friends, you are looking at the new NY/MA rep for a really great bead company. I'll be going to bead shows but I'll be on the other side of the table. What could possibly be more fun than talking to all of you about beads? How could that be work? I mean, I harbor no illusions that making a huge change like this is going to be without "work" but, it feels RIGHT. AND my husband is going to go to shows with me. For those of you who have not met my husband or heard of his awesomeness, let it henceforth be known that upon voicing some petty concern about going to shows myself, in his characteristic, unruffled manner, he said, "Oh. I'll just go with you. No big deal." <--- Right? Right??? Yeah! THAT is my husband. And him going with me makes anything possible.

So, that's what has been going on with me. I won't be at Artfest this year so I'll miss you there. But maybe we can meet up anyway and talk about beads!

If there is anything to be learned by me this spring it is, Everything Happens For a Reason. I might need you to remind me of that when I get scared, but I know it for a FACT. =)

[This blog is still very much under construction. I'll be working to get all the widgets going this week but I just HAD to share my news!]

0 comments:

Post a Comment