The new home of bytara.com! Musings about life, love, art, and friendship. My show schedule is updated here and I'll be sharing my new art and jewelry exclusively.
RSS

Monday, May 2, 2011

Project Design

It's Sunday evening here at the Finlay house and preparations for the Marlboro trip are in full swing. The house has been cleaned and the bead inventory counted. I am now prepping to make some projects to both wear at the show, and showcase on the Talisman Beads Blog. If you have not already signed up to be a follower of that blog, you should head on over and do so, because when we reach milestones (25, 50, 75, 100 followers etc) we are going to have fabulous giveaways! Feel free to pass this blog URL and the Talisman one along to anyone you know who is into jewelry making, mixed media art, and crafting using beads. The more followers, the more fabulous things I can do with you guys.
Anyway, I randomly grabbed thoughtfully selected beads and findings from my stash. I have some ideas about what I want to showcase- in my new job, I've been re-exposed to findings and bead types I haven't used in years- like toggles and crystals, and bead caps and cones. For now I am going to focus on using purchased beads and then later, when my studio is up and running, I'll start making my own beads in addition.
So for those of you who I haven't talked to in a long time, I've been talking studio since 2004. Still hasn't happened. However, this year, we are moving into a gorgeous house that has a sweet little room at the end, all in white, with two big windows and a wall of bookshelves. I cannot WAIT to get in there. And because the house we are buying is all set to go- no real work needed, I can literally move my stuff in and be up and running in no time. It's a long story why we are leaving this house Jon worked so hard on, but it is a good move and we are very happy about it.


What will become of these beauties???? Stay tuned....

0 comments:

Post a Comment